Saturday, September 24, 2005

Embedded Thermos Fire.

[Music: Echo & the Bunnymen]


Siberia is better than I expected. Ian and Will can still rock out circa Crocodiles, Porcupine, and Ocean Rain. Recommended, even to skeptics.

Went to the mall today, picked this up. My weekend is gone. Do not even try to pry me from this, because I will not leave it. You are welcome to come over and watch me play, though.

Expressing his frustration for a guitar soloist. Pre-Justice Leauge dubbing, last night was a waste. Pat Miller should stop trying to get into good collges.

Gluesticks and Golden Anvils.

I poured some coffee and went through last week's newspapers looking at obituaries. I found what I needed: a memorial service scheduled for today. From the newsprint epitaph I learned that the deceased had lead the right kind of life for my purposes.I armed the security system and changed the passcode to one-six-one-zero, Hoyt Wilhelm's lifetime strikeout total. As I walked past my gate, into the early morning street, I popped a quarter atop one of its rails. A quick look when I returned would let me know whether someone had opened the gate. In these big estates you're far away from your neighbors. People don't really watch out for each other. I didn't even know who my neighbors were.I hit the main street and got the bus at Fairlea heading north. At forty-seventh I got out and walked a few blocks crosstown until I came to the address I had found in the obituaries. In the driveway of an empty house matching the address in the death notice there was a gold Dodge Dart. In a few minutes I had the car up and running.

Now I'm off to play Burnout Revenge.

No comments: