Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bright Leaves and Spirits.

Slow Dancing Under Cherry Blossoms.
[Music: Mission of Burma]

When left in a situation that requires the appearance of a personal “spirit” to assist in guiding me to the place I need to be, I am left without a sense of companionship. The human “spirit” is something that acts as a guidance tool to make up for personality aspects that do not exist within that person. The same could be said for the human conscience. I believe that my spirituality makes an appearance when I least except it to; when I am in such a deep state of self-involvement that the world around me collapses I am the only individual left standing. My spirituality aids me in executing proper self-reflection that eventually leads me to finding out who I really am and how the people within my life shape features that culminate to form my personality.

I also find my deepest connection with my spirituality to take place in the bright-leafed confines of local nature. I try to partake in a wandering stroll a few times a week across the park/field adjacent to my house, it assists me in obtaining the necessary calm attitude needed to adequately deal with the stresses of school and work. When I am walking through the crisp afternoon air, all thoughts of burdensome activities become swept out of my brain by a wind of tranquility. Nature is very much an essential point in having my spirituality show its true form to my mind, because it offers a unique experience that many young adults forget about during the shift into adult life. School and work can easily slip out of reach. Nature is always there.

Go outside and let the spirit soar amongst the trees.

No comments: