Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Skeleton Upon a Rainbow.

[Music: The Ruby Suns]







Wow. The SKFL is back in business. It was a bitch to resurrect this thing. I had to create a gmail account because for some abstruse and esoteric reason, blogger decided to only accept people with Google accounts now. After that I had to track down the user/login information for whatever deviating ID I made for this site. Remember skysaw? Yep. That was it. I then linked that old data with the gmail account; which is the title of this entry @gmail.com. So there you go. Also, I am unsure if this blog will continue to be populated with wonderful romance, harsh scrutiny, or simply anecdotes from my everyday escapades in Anorexicland. Probably a concoction of all three.

In the meantime, I'm shipwrecked in UCSF for the THIRD time. At least this hospital has decent resources. I've hankered down a laptop and an assorment of third-rate ps2 games. I've got a ps2 in my room so I can bring titles from home as well. And watch DVDs. At least the time is passing some what rapidly and with any luck I will abscond from here 'bout Friday's middle hours. Pray.

Post medical/mental nonsense, I'm admiring the lovely musings of the absolutely brilliant Scott Campbell; whose playful adolescent commentery (scottc.blogspot.com) only slightly undercuts the tarnished genius of his artwork. Damn I wish I could draw like him. Just look at his alternate DVD cover for King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters:

Head on over to his blog (linked above) to check out more of his arsenal. He also did this insane egyptianmummy clock for my friend's artauction/show that sold for, like, a treasure trove:


I've been looking at some upcoming spring films. Other than Gus Van Sant's shining Paranoid Park, and David Gordon Green's double-punch of Snow Angels and Pineapple Express, I didn't find much to go apeshit over. Though I did discover that Michael Haneke's winking 1997 film Funny Games is getting a shot-by-shot remake starring, yes, the great Michael Pitt (Bully, The Dreamers, Last Days) as the wobbling trickster Paul. Tim Roth and Naomi Watts play the daft parents. I don't know who plays the dog.



Paranoid Park

Snow Angels

Pineapple Express

Funny Games (2008)

I'll be posting reviews for Snow Angels and Paranoid Park pretty soon. Possibly even later today.

As far as stuff as videogames and anime are concerned, I'm still keeping busy with those things.

PS3: Devil May Cry 4, Burnout Paradise, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

PSP: Patapon, God of War: Chains of Olympus, FF Tactics: War of the Lions (still).

DS: Contra 4, Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Anime: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Devil May Cry 4

Patapon


Advance Wars: Days of Ruin


Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Brawl comes out in five days so that's something to look forward to.

Music...the new Malkmus and Ruby Suns are keeping me in tune.

I also got a new phone. LG Shine. It's metallic silver, and kicks magnanimous amounts of ass.

I've also been purusing various consumption blogs as of late. It's kind of soothing for my minuscule stomach that wants to be left alone forever. I'll link them on the sidebar if I can remember how to fuck with that thing. Check them out. If you please.

Alright, I think I'm done. I have to battle food here in the hospital. Amongst doctors and psyche people and annoying sitters.

Laterz.

No comments: